Monday, June 2, 2014

Is Customer Service Dead?

Is Customer Service Dead?

Let's face it. People and employees are busy in every organization. But does that mean that you have to be rude to your customers? NO! Customers, clients and patrons are not an inconvenience to you, they are your bread and butter! Would it be hard to treat everyone with enthusiasm and appreciation for their business?

These days, it seems as if business owners "settle" with their employees providing sub-par customer service skills. Unfortunately, when your employees scare your customers away with their less-than-friendly demeanor, your customers are running right to the competition and spending their hard earned money there! And, the lack of sales is blamed on the marketing department.

Let's examine this phenomenon a little further. 

Your marketing may be working wonderfully and bringing prospective customers your way, left and right. If your sales people are not able to convert the lead into a sale, whether through poor sales skills or poor attitude, it appears as if your marketing is not working properly, because your sales are down. Interesting??

What would happen if you invested a small amount of money into your sales and/or customer service department to improve your customer's experience when they shop with you? I imagine, that you would be pleasantly surprised with how improved your bottom line would be...and how being "nice" can take your business a long way. 

I have an Onstar subscription in my car. I love it. Yes, it is expensive ($35/mo for something I use maybe 4-6 times) but I find it is a necessity. I am ALWAYS in awe of the experience I have when I push that little blue button on my rear-view mirror. I am greeted by name every time (even though I know my name pops up on their computer screen...it is still nice)! I hear the words "thank you" every time I call. I always here "Is there anything else I can do for you Ms. Schneider?" which tells me they WANT to help me...and I have never gotten bad directions (even if I have gotten lost with their service...I don't recall). The point is, I feel GREAT when we hang up the phone because, no matter what customer service rep I speak with on the other line, I feel that I am appreciated. 

Remember the "Golden Rule" when you were growing up? Training your employees to treat customers like they would want to be treated may also improve the culture in your place of business also! (And, don't forget to take a look in the mirror to ensure you are practicing what you are preaching!) Your customers are happy...your employees are happy...and YOU are happy. 

Attitude is everything, so take this moment to evaluate your customer service experience at your office. Implement small changes and surprise yourself with an improved bottom line! 

Happy selling!



Renee Schneider

Trio Marketing
p. 515.259.0577
c. 316.644.7029
e. renee@trioagency.com
 

A little more about us:
TRIO is a full-service marketing communications company providing a wide array of integrated marketing services to meet all of your business and marketing needs.  At TRIO, we understand that each client is unique; therefore we provide customized solutions based on your goals and growth objectives. All of our recommendations are made specifically for you and your business. TRIO Marketing, Branding and Advertising delivers an effective blend of creative talent and strategic thinking, delivering results that increase the bottom line of our client partners. We utilize our network of local experts in the community to execute the campaigns on the basis of design, printing and mailing.

Our Services include:

  • Marketing, Branding, Public Relations and Advertising Consulting
  • Strategic Annual Marketing Plan Development
  • Integrated and Interactive Marketing Services including E-mail and SMS Marketing
  • Promotional Products
  • Media Negotiation, Placement & Spot Traffic Management Print Design & Production
  • Web Development & Search Engine Optimization
  • Direct Mail Services
  • One-on-One Sales Team Development
At TRIO, we work hard to combine marketing talent and technology with outstanding customer service to build long-term partnerships with you and your business. Our strategies are delivered on time and in a cost-effective manner to achieve maximum response and grow your business. 

No comments:

Post a Comment