Monday, June 2, 2014

How Easy is it for Customers to Buy from You?

How Easy is it for Customers to Buy from You?

There have been a few instances recently where I have struggled to spend money at a business. My wallet was OPEN and ready to hand out the "dough" and it was virtually impossible to spend it. These experiences have led me to think about one thing... Is it EASY for CUSTOMERS to spend MONEY with me? As I explore this topic, please examine your business practices and see how your business can improve!!

Experience #1:

A few months ago I bought a Groupon for a full-detail on my car. Because I am fully aware of the amount of calls companies can get after running a special on Groupon, I purposely waited until the first rush of people had already called in. When I called last week, I specifically did NOT tell them I had a Groupon, just to measure their follow-up techniques. (I am always in the "research" mode, if you haven't noticed!) Needless to say, I have YET to hear from them to schedule my appointment. For all they know, I am a full paying customer!!! In fact, IF they would return my call, I have (or had) intentions of buying a FULL PRICE gift certificate to get my husbands' truck detailed.

#1 LESSON: Does your business treat customers that way? Do you return calls in a timely manner? You never know that that NEXT phone call has in store for you. It could just be your next big order that gets you over your goal this month! And, based on your customer service skills and end-product, you could earn a life-long customer.

Experience #2:

Switching operating systems in your electronic devices can be quite the learning experience. Whether its your cell phone, computer or mp3 player. I have been in the process of using my MacPro more and more and recently I had a project to complete using software I was unfamiliar with (all in an effort to improve my client's end-product!) I had some questions, and spent (what felt like) 2 days trying to find an answer. I went to 4 "Big Box Stores" and got 4 different answers (none of which worked, btw) and called tech support a few times (I am sure they love me by now!!) In the end, I figured it out on my own and was EXTREMELY proud of my finished product (so was my client!) During this experience, I was ready and willing to spend big bucks on new software that I KNEW I needed, if it would make my job easier. But, no one seemed to know what I needed, so I didn't spend anything and figured it out on my own by spending less than $20.

#2 LESSON: Are your employees trained in all aspects of your products and services? Do they know solutions to common problems, and can anticipate your customers' next question? Staying one-step-ahead of your customers can be challenging, but overcoming objections and offering solutions to problems that don't yet exist are imperative to earning RAVING FANS in your business.

Needless to say, I have learned a lot in the last couple weeks on how to improve my own business by comparing it to my life experiences. I challenge you to do the same so we can continue to take our businesses to the next level.



515-259-0577 - office
316-644-7029 - cell
renee@trioagency.com
www.facebook.com/trioagency
www.trioagency.blogspot.com
www.trioagency.com

About TRIO Marketing|Branding|AdvertisingTRIO is a full-service marketing communications company providing a wide array of integrated marketing services to meet all of your business and marketing needs. At TRIO, we understand that each client is unique; therefore we provide customized solutions based on your goals and growth objectives. All of our recommendations are made specifically for you and your business.

TRIO Marketing|Branding|Advertising delivers an effective blend of creative talent and strategic thinking, delivering results that increase the bottom line of our client partners. We utilize our network of local experts in the community to execute the campaigns on the basis of design, printing and mailing.

Our Services include:

  • Marketing, Branding, Public Relations and Advertising Consulting
  • Strategic Annual Marketing Plan Development
  • Integrated and Interactive Marketing Services including E-mail and SMS Marketing
  • Promotional Products
  • Media Negotiation, Placement & Spot Traffic Management
  • Print Design & Production
  • Web Development & Search Engine Optimization
  • Direct Mail Services
  • One-on-One Business Development/Sales Team Coaching
At TRIO, we work hard to combine marketing talent and technology with outstanding customer service to build long-term partnerships with you and your business. Our strategies are delivered on time and in a cost-effective manner to achieve maximum response and grow your business.

No comments:

Post a Comment